Social Justice Teen Fellowship
The Social Justice Teen Fellowship program is an exclusive, action-oriented program that seeks to empower Fellows to take responsibility and action for significant social, economic and environmental problems in their local communities, both within and beyond the Jewish community.
Limited to a small group of motivated teens, Temple Beth Am's Social Justice Teen Fellowship combines Jewish text study with social justice activities and includes a social action trip to Guatemala October 25–28, 2018.
This unique year-long program develops a commitment to the Jewish people and community service. It offers exceptionally-motivated 11th and 12th grade students an incredible opportunity to not only explore Jewish life, but also to make a difference in the world.
Our Fellows become active participants, leaders and agents for change in the Jewish and wider global community. Our program is guided by the following values:
• Jewish Learning — Our Fellowship program provides a framework and a springboard to promote advocacy and action through the study of Jewish texts.
• Social Activism — Judaism calls for responsible engagement with the world around us. Our program brings teens in contact with real social justice issues within our communities and empowers them to apply their talents to bring about solutions and/or alternatives in order to "repair the world."
• Eight Saturday or Sunday social action programs
(between September 2018 and May 2019)
• Temple Beth Am Social Justice Speaker Series programs
• A 4-day social action trip to Guatemala
(scheduled for October 25–28, 2018)
For more information, Tamara Donnenfeld, Director of Lifelong Learning, 786.364.9416, email@example.com.
Apply today for the 2019–2020 Fellowship
Reflection is a crucial aspect of the SJTF experience.
Participants are required to actively contribute to the Social Justice Teen Fellowship blog, which serves as a physical reminder of the program for its participants and ensures continued reflection of the group’s social justice explorations.