Madrichim — Teaching Assistant Program
Do you love working with young children? Are you creative, organized, fun-loving and a little bit zany? Do you think about becoming a teacher someday? Are you interested in earning community service hours?
If you answered “yes,” our Madrichim Program for 9th–12th graders is for you! Madrichim serve as teacher's assistants for grades K–6 on Sunday mornings and weekday afternoons. You will have the amazing opportunity to help our younger students grow and develop Jewishly by:
• Leading small group discussions and lessons.
• Assisting children who need academic, social or emotional support.
• Helping to keep the classroom running smoothly by collecting tzedakah, prepping art projects, preparing snacks and more.
• Serving as a positive Jewish role model, showing our students just how much fun and meaning there is in Jewish learning and life.
In addition to working in a classroom each week, you also will attend Madrichim Orientation and Workshops. These weekly sessions are designed to help Madrichim build relationships, develop their teaching skills and succeed in their classrooms. Together, with your peers, you will learn to:
• Support classroom teachers.
• Understand the different learning and social needs of individual students.
• Be a team player who is both flexible and creative.
• Create classroom learning communities infused with Jewish values.
• Strengthen connections between students and Jewish learning.
• Build and enhance core knowledge, skills, and commitments needed to be successful.
When Can I Teach?
Grades K–6 Sundays 9:30 am–12:00 pm
Grades 3–4 Wednesdays 3:45 pm–5:15 pm
To learn more about the application process: contact Jacki Altman, Youth Engagement Director, at 786.364.9419 or email email@example.com.
|Apply Online Today to Become a Madrich/ah!|