The focus in the Elementary School (Grades K–5) is on learning through self-discovery, inquiry and cooperative experiences.
An integrated curriculum allows students to learn general and Judaic studies concurrently. By combining subject areas, we create opportunities for greater breadth and depth of perspective. Our students strive for and attain high levels of achievement, independent thinking and ethical behavior.
We are committed to being responsive to differences in learning styles and developmental needs and providing a challenging curriculum with flexibility to meet the individual needs of each student.
The focus is on academics, and on developing the resiliency, confidence and integrity that will lead to a life-long love of learning. Temple Beth Am Day School graduates are well prepared with the basic skills and tools that they need for success in middle school. Day School graduates continue their education at Miami's top independent schools, public schools, gifted and magnet programs.
• Engage students in active and meaningful learning.
• Provide opportunities for inquiry and self-discovery.
• Encourage independent and critical thinking.
• Promote self-efficacy and self esteem as part of the responsibility for learning.
• Prepare students for real-life problem solving.
• Integrate general and Judaic studies to create opportunities for greater breadth and depth of perspective while supporting the school mission.