Senior Director, Finance
Temple Beth Am (TBAM) in Pinecrest, Florida, the largest reform congregation in the Southeastern United States, is seeking a Senior Director, Finance to support its organization. Temple Beth Am, which also operates the Rambam Day School, and a soon-to-open new cultural and activity center, is the premier institution for Jewish life in Miami.
The Senior Director, Finance is responsible for overall management and direction of TBAM’s finance department as well as ensuring the financial stability of the temple. In this role, the Senior Director, Finance will oversee the day-to-day operations of the finance department, ensure the effective use of financial resources, and direct the overall financial planning supporting the mission and objectives of the temple. Reporting to the Executive Director and also working closely with the Director of Finance, this position will ensure that the systems, procedures, and trained staff are in place to maximize the fiscal effectiveness of the Temple and ensure that the Temple is in full compliance on all financial issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the Director of Finance and all financial functions including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cash management, financial reporting and annual audit.
- Reviews existing business and strategic plans and works with temple management to develop future financial stability and strategies.
- Oversees accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Ensure preparedness for annual audits and tax returns.
- Maintains relationships with the temple’s financial institutions
- Works with the finance committee of the Board of Trustees.
Minimum Job Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, accounting, or related field with 8+ years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Current CPA certification strongly preferred.
- Non-profit institution experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and its application to non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of regulations relating to private donations.
- Skills in analyzing and developing business ideas
- Expertise in financial planning, budgeting, business management, operational systems and procedures.
- Ability to provide leadership and work cooperatively in a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications and maintains professional partnerships with internal and external partners.
- Heavy experience with cash management to include monitoring, projections and strategies.
- Knowledge of regulations on corporations, non-profit institutions, federal grant recipients and county departments.
- Ability to organize resources and establish priorities.
- Ability to use MS Office and database systems to produce materials and track revenue-generating activities.
- Strong managerial skills to lead the finance department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on select occasions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work time will be split between working in an open office setting and, on the floor delivering programs. Occasional exposure to outdoor activities may be requested. Weekend and evening work in alignment with programs is sometimes required.
Level 2 background clearance as defined by the Florida Statutes/law.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine(s) by date of hire to be considered for employment unless the applicant is eligible for an exemption pursuant to applicable law.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] Please indicate “Senior Director, Finance” in your subject line. Unfortunately, submissions without salary requirements will not be considered.