Chanukah Shabbat Celebration
Date: Friday, December 20, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: Pre-Neg with Latkes: Lobby; Glow Stick Shabbat Sanctuary; Starlight Shabbat Patio; Taste of Shabbat "Chinese" Social Hall
Come Spread the Light this Chanukah!
Chanukah is right around the corner, so we're lighting up the night a few days early!
With two exciting options as we celebrate together!
Create your own Chanukiyah and you could win a special prize!
Friday evening, December 20th
6:00 pm: Latke Pre-Neg • 6:30 pm: Glow Stick Shabbat in the Sanctuary
6:30 pm: Starlight Shabbat on the Patio
7:45 pm: Taste of Shabbat "Chinese" Dinner
Get ready to light up the Sanctuary as we
celebrate Chanukah together a few days early!
Looking for a more spiritual Shabbat experience? As we light up the Sanctuary with glow sticks, Rabbi Jaime Aklepi and Cantor Peter Halpern are taking services outside as we take advantage of our beautiful Florida "winter" and enjoy a Chanukah celebration on the Patio Terrace under the stars.
Stick around after services for our next international Shabbat dinner! Enjoy a delicious Chinese dinner as we celebrate the very unique Jewish communities of China. Adults: $36; All Children are free!
Build a working Chanukiyah with your family or friends and enter our Chanukiyah Contest. Prizes will be awarded!
1. All chanukiyot must have nine working lights.
2. Eight lights must stand at the same height, and the ninth must be set apart or high for the Shamash, the candle that lights the other candles.
3. The chanukiyah can use any form of light source, including candles, glow sticks, battery powered candles, etc… get creative!
4. It can be made out of any material you’d like to use.
5. The chanukiyah will be judged for creativity and practicality.
6. Families must be in attendance at Chanukah Shabbat services on Friday, December 20th at 6:00 pm to light their chanukiyah.
7. Bring your entry to Andrea LeVine, Program Director, at the temple no later than Wednesday, December 18th by 5:00 pm.
8. Have fun!
The first night of Chanukah is Sunday, December 22nd
Looking for Chanukah resources? You’ll find how-tos, songs, recipes and more at tbam.org/chanukah
Come pray with us. Add to the sound of our voices. Together, we will make a joyful noise!
Please bring a non-perishable food item to support the Tikkun Olam Food Drive.