Chanukah Shabbat Celebration
Date: Friday, December 7, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: Pre-Neg: Lobby; Glow Stick Shabbat Sanctuary; Starlight Shabbat Patio; Latke Vodka Oneg Social Hall
|‘Potluck in the Park’ — A Multi-Faith Celebration of Light
Sunday, December 9th, 4:00 pm until Sundown at Dante Fascell Park
Come Spread the Light this Chanukah!
With two exciting options as we celebrate Chanukah together!
Create your own Chanukiyah and you could win a special prize!
Friday evening, December 7th
6:00 pm: Pre-Neg • 6:30 pm: Glow Stick Shabbat in the Sanctuary • Starlight Shabbat on the Patio
7:45 pm: Join everyone in the Social Hall for a
Latke Vodka Oneg with traditional Chanukah yummies
Get ready to light up the Sanctuary as we
celebrate the 6th night of Chanukah together!
Looking for a more spiritual Shabbat experience? As we light up the Sanctuary with glow sticks, Rabbi Jaime Aklepi is taking services outside as we take advantage of our beautiful Florida "winter" and enjoy a Chanukah celebration on the Patio Terrace under the stars.
Stick around after services to join with the rest of our Temple Beth Am community for a festive oneg featuring all of your favorite Chanukah treats.
Build a working Chanukiyah with your family or friends and enter our Chanukiyah Contest. Prizes will be awarded!
1. All chanukiyot must have nine working lights.
2. Eight lights must stand at the same height, and the ninth must be set apart or high for the Shamash, the candle that lights the other candles.
3. The chanukiyah can use any form of light source, including candles, glow sticks, battery powered candles, etc… get creative!
4. It can be made out of any material you’d like to use.
5. The chanukiyah will be judged for creativity and practicality.
6. Families must be in attendance at Chanukah Shabbat services on Friday, December 7th at 6:00 pm to light their chanukiyah.
7. Bring your entry to Andrea LeVine, Program Director, at the temple no later than Wednesday, December 5th by 5:00 pm.
8. Have fun!
The first night of Chanukah is Sunday, December 2nd
Looking for Chanukah resources? You’ll find how-tos, songs, recipes and more at tbam.org/chanukah
Come pray with us. Add to the sound of our voices. Together, we will make a joyful noise!
Please bring a non-perishable food item to support the Tikkun Olam Food Drive.