Title















Our History


An Established Institution...


Temple Beth Am Preschool was created in 1957 as part of Temple Beth Am. It was so successful that Founding Rabbi Emeritus Herbert Baumgard (z"l) was encouraged to promote the establishment of a day school.

Temple Beth Am Elementary School, added in 1970, quickly became the first successful day school in the southeast and truly pioneered the Reform Day School movement.

Today, Temple Beth Am Day School is an established institution with an Early Childhood Center starting with “Toddler Time” classes for infants from seven months and their parents, as well as Jr. pre-nursery, pre-nursery, nursery and pre-kindergarten. The Elementary School encompasses Kindergarten through 5th grade. There is a total enrollment of over 400 students and a professional staff of more than 80 employees. The Early Childhood summer camp has an enrollment of over 100 children with over 40 staff and volunteers.

Temple Beth Am Day School has a fully integrated general and Judaic curriculum including Hebrew language instruction, physical education, computers, a large art and ceramic program and an enriched music program. Instructional support is provided to ensure our students reach their potential. A low student-teacher ratio enables our faculty to build on each child’s individual strengths and to provide appropriate challenges and reinforcement. Our fifth grade is completely departmentalized to prepare students for the middle school format.