March 15–17, 2013
Hosted by Temple Beth Am and BAFTY
What is NFTY-STR Spring Kallah?
Spring Kallah is the culminating convention and highlight of the year for 9th–12th graders in the North American Federation of Temple Youth-Southern Tropical Region (NFTY-STR).
NFTY-STR has been creating positive Jewish experiences and memories for Reform Jewish teenagers for over 60 years.
Temple Beth Am has accepted the responsibility of hosting Spring Kallah and creating a meaningful weekend of spiritual experiences, informal educational Judaic programming and social experiences. We anticipate over 300 9th–2th graders from around the state of Florida will become a part of our congregation during the weekend of March 15–17, 2013.
How do teens sign up for this awesome weekend?
• You must be in 8th–12th grade and a member of B4BAFTY and BAFTY to participate at Spring Kallah.
• Registration for the event will open in February 2013.
How can I Help?
We are asking you to participate in this wonderful weekend by hosting members of NFTY-STR in your home. The responsibility of hosting teens will include:
• Providing space for the teens to sleep in your home (they will bring sleeping bags and pillows) on Friday and Saturday night.
• Driving “your” NFTY-STR members to and from events taking place at Temple Beth Am.
• Providing breakfast and dinner on Saturday (all other meals will be provided as part of the events of the weekend).
|Sign Up to Host Teens in Your Home During Spring Kallah|
• Every family that is a member of Temple Beth Am may house teens for NFTY-STR Spring Kallah.
• If you are a TBAM teen and plan to house then you will need to register to participate in this awesome kallah!
• You must be a member of B4BAFTY or BAFTY to participate in NFTY-STR Spring Kallah.
• You can sign up for B4BAFTY & BAFTY at tbam.org/YADregistration
For more information contact:
Josh Laurence, Director of Youth Programs, 305.667.6667 ext. 145, JLaurence@tbam.org