Drum roll please...
A message from Robert Hersh
Executive Director, Temple Beth Am
As we prepare for Temple Beth Am’s Annual Meeting on Sunday, May 7th, I thought it was a good time to bring you up to date with “life” at Temple Beth Am and its schools. Life is never dull around here with an incredible amount of activity taking place every day. As a “numbers guy,” I thought it would be interesting to share with you some statistics that provide valuable insights into a typical year at Temple Beth Am:
• 5,400 hours — The number of hours our campus was open last year.
• 63,652 hours — The number of “teaching hours” our day and religious school teachers taught.
• 5,250 hours — The number of hours of Professional Development our teachers experienced last year.
• 1,342 years — The combined number of years our teachers have spent teaching over their combined lifetimes!
• 201 — The number of life cycle events officiated by our clergy.
• 154 — The number of services that were held last year.
• 18,283 — The number of times guest drivers licenses were “swiped” at our guard gate.
• 1,969,512 — The number of kilowatt hours used on our campus.
• 40,000 — The number of individual meals served on our campus.
• 750 — The number of basketball games played on our courts.
As you can see, our campus is a busy place!
Our fiscal year ends on June 30, 2017. The numbers included in our Annual Report reflect those of the last Fiscal year ended June 30, 2016. We were again “in the black” with record revenues of $10,073,541 and a strong operating surplus enabling us to continue investing in new and renewed capital assets that keep Temple Beth Am beautiful, well maintained and technologically current. Our Day School enrollment continues to grow, Religious and Youth Programs have greater attendance, and Senior Rabbi Jeremy Barras completed his first year with us with great success. Overall 2015–2016 was a great year!
Equally important is our current Fiscal year that will end in just two short months, on June 30, 2017. We are projecting to have revenues of approximately $11,000,000, again, another record. We anticipate another six figure surplus. Our Day School enrollment this current year is 10% higher than last year and enrollment numbers for the 2017–2018 school year put us on track to have another year of increased enrollment.
Membership is now at over 1,500 families thanks, in part, to the new members from Bet Breira Samu-El Or Olom, who have become a vital part of our community. Our endowment fund is at a new high of approximately $7.4 million as a result of continuing pledges, positive financial markets and the generous donation we received from Bet Breira Samu-El Or Olom, which was invested in both our Endowment and our Capital Reserve Fund.
Temple Beth Am continues to thrive thanks to you, our members and parents. Your endless support, both financially and through your participation as volunteers, is what ensures our future for generations to come. Thank YOU for all you do, every day, to make this such a special place.
See you on campus...