Health and Safety Policy
Here are some general guidelines which should be followed by the parents of students in the Temple Beth Am Religious School.
• Children, teens, teachers and administrators with symptoms of an influenza-like illness should not attend school.
• Children, teens, teachers and administrators must be fever-free and diarrhea-free for a full 24 hours before returning to school.
• Children, teens, teachers and administrators may return to class if antibiotics have been prescribed and used for a minimum of 24 hours and the person continues to be fever- and symptom-free.
Please notify the Head of Religious School immediately in the case of a contagious disease or hospitalization so that we may determine the need to notify administration, other families or the clergy. The school will notify families if children have been exposed to a communicable disease or if the administration feels there is a health concern. Such notification will be made via email.
We encourage our students, faculty and administration to follow these everyday preventive actions as noted by the CDC:
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Dispose of the tissue in the trash after you use it.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
• Alcohol-based hand cleaners also are effective.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are spread this way.
• If you have influenza-like illness symptoms, stay home from work or school except to seek medical care and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.